Pages

March 28, 2015

DML2015: Here I come........!!!!




So, here is some big news: for the first time in ten years (!), I am going to a conference — DML (Digital Media and Learning Research Hub) in Los Angeles, June 11-13. Hashtag: #DML2015.




Here is the conference site: dml2015.dmlhub.net

And the main DML site: dmlhub.net

I got to know some of the DML folks thanks to the fabulous experience that was Connected Courses in Fall 2014 (#ccourses).


When Alan Levine contacted me and asked me to be on a panel along with some other fabulous people, I obviously could not say no (Alan Levine!!! my hero!!!), and then it was really exciting when we found out the panel was accepted (long wait; I was thinking we had not made the cut).

Then, even more exciting, I got some funding from my school for the travel, thanks to the VERY NICE people in the Arts & Sciences Online Course program and to our wonderful Dean (yes, he's on Twitter!). That was a huge surprise; going to a conference is insanely expensive (eegad, the hotel, it makes my head hurt), so it really makes a huge difference to have my school's support in doing this!

In future posts I'll have more to say as I get ready for the conference, learn more about all the good work the folks at DML are doing, and on and on. It is going to be really fun to meet some people I have known only online, including people like Alan whom I have followed for over a decade online but whom I have never met in person. The whole Connected Courses experience last fall was such a great experience, and I am looking forward to DML goodness in June! :-)