Pages

November 10, 2013

Speak LOLCat: The LOLCat Translator

I've mentioned in an earlier post two hashtags -  #LatinLOLCat and #GrammarCatz - which I use for two different projects. The LatinLOLCat project has been running for a couple of years now, and I started the GrammarCatz project last summer (it was my grandson's idea). I use the Cheezburger.com site to create the graphics for both projects (and I guess I should write up a post about that sometime also!), but for today I thought I would write up a site that is probably not so well known: Speak LOLCat: The LOLCat Translator.


This is a simple little site that allows you to type in some English text which is then turned into all-caps LOLCat language. Now, I've gotten pretty good at doing my own LOLCat language over the past few months, but when I was getting started, this little tool was very helpful. I still use it as a way to remind myself to always spell "the" as TEH and so on, ha ha. Very handy.

If you are curious about LOLCat language, it's an intriguing topic. There is even a LOLCat translation of the Bible! That project has a helpful webpage: How to speak lolcat. And be sure to take a look at this delightful video: I can has language play: Construction of Language and Identity in LOLspeak.